But I have had WLS- what can I eat?

Getting ready to do some baking, but I needed to make a grocery run first. Early on in this journey, I too was always saying "but what can I eat?". My sleeve has helped me learn, finally, everything in moderation.
So- in no particular order- in the fridge we have the giant pitcher of sugar free ice tea. There is protein chocolate/butterscotch mousse. Eggs, eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, celery, blueberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, both sweet and hot peppers, Chobani bites, Laughing cow cheese (light), low fat (NOT fat free) shredded cheese, fat free sour cream, fat free cottage cheese, low fat ricotta, Parmesan and feta cheeses, skim milk, half fat mayo, pickles, cukes, garlic, spinach, arugula, boneless, skinless chicken breast, bacon, Tofurkey beer brats, meatless sausages, fat free salad dressings, yeast, butter, mangos, and mustard.
In the freezer is a variety of fish, frozen fruits and veggies from the garden, frozen fat free/sugar free yogurt, Cornish game hens, zucchini bread, pre-made veggie meals for the hubster, and chicken.
In the pantry- whole wheat and bread flour, quinoa, sugar free/fat free pudding mix, Bariatric advantage protein powder, Splenda, Bisquick, spices, chick peas, canned tomatoes, canned chicken, bouillon, broth, baking powder, baking soda, grits, couscous, cereal, spaghetti squash, olive oil, raisins, dried cranberries, and an assortment of nuts.
On the deck is my herb garden, in pots- basil, dill, rosemary, thyme, parsley, cilantro, and sage. Currently in the garden I have yellow neck and zucchini squash, tomatoes, and peppers. Long term plants are sunchokes and rhubarb.
This list is adjusted, all the time. However, from this I can make almost anything my little heart desires. No beef is included in my kitchen, nor is pasta (not true- hubby is a vegetarian, and he eats pasta! I just don't use it)- I find my sleeve does not approve. Fat free cheese I find does not melt/bake well, not to mention the fact I find I hate the taste. I am a bit of a cheese snob.
I am off to start shredding zucchini, and will share the recipes. I am going to up the protein on my reduced sugar zucchini bread today, and make a zesty one as well. Recipes to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment